Frankfurt Rental Return To Main Train Station Location, Requesting Address/Directions

Discussion in 'Avis | First/Preferred' started by swdke, May 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Thinking about renting in Munich, but dropping off in Frankfurt, at the main train station. I see that there seems to be an Avis location here, but I'd like to have a specific address to know where I need to go to return. Does anyone have any specific information? Or, maybe directions to the car rental return for this location? Thanks.

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    It appears the street address of the Hauptbahnhof is .... "Am Hauptbahnhof" --

Hauptbahnhof Frankfurt Main
    Am Hauptbahnhof
    60329 Frankfurt, Germany

Easy to find via Google Maps, but not sure if there are signs for "car rental return" as you'd find them at airports.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Probably not particularly helpful to the OP but as I passed through the FRA train station a couple times two weeks ago I saw nothing resembling the Avis station. If I had to bet from the overhead view (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...07258,8.661346&spn=0.001995,0.010986&t=h&z=17) I'd say that the entrance is on the north side of the station into the garage under the tracks there, but I have no idea if that is actually where it really is.

4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    One thing to keep in mind...in Europe off airport locations tend to have limited hours especially on weekends. Enjoy Germany! :)

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Here's a pdf of the Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof map:

http://www.bahnhof.de/site/bahnhoef...nhofsplaene/bahnhofsplan__frankfurt__main.pdf

Doesn't show the Avis station in particular, but if you look below the big red box marked Reisezentrum, you will find a car rental symbol. Doesn't mean that you'll return the car there, of course. The map also shows the entrance into the parking garage that Wandering Aramean mentioned. I'd agree that it's the most logical place for the car return location.

What I'd probably do is ask for directions in Munich when you pick up the car. If they don't know (quite likely), they can call the Frankfurt location for you.

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points: