Frankfurt - Paris Likely to Depart from a non-Gate Position?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by gleff, Apr 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Some good friends are flying
    IAD-FRA, LH F
    FRA-CDG, LH C
    CDG-BKK, TG F
    BKK-DPS, TG F

So I'm wondering what to tell them to do in FRA. If FRA-CDG is likely to depart from a non-gate position I figure I'd tell them to head over to the FCL B lounge, figuring they'd get a car to the aircraft.

But if FRA-CDG is likely to depart from a gate, and even though they're arriving LH F and connecting to LH C, I'd probably tell them to walk over to the First Class Terminal. It wouldn't be that much extra time, consdeirng that they'd clear security in the FCT instead of clearing transit security where the lines can certainly back up.

And for sure, they aren't 'supposed to' use the FCT but all of the reports I've heard of arriving LH F and departing LH C I don't know of anyone that has been turned away from the First Class Terminal when walking over. Disagree with that assessment?

Advice appreciated!

2. NewbieRunner
    Original Member

NewbieRunner Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's no limo service to a Schengen flight from the FCL B.

Your friends will have to go through passport control and security screening at least once anyway whether they opt for the FCL B or the FCT. The most obvious F lounge for this connection is of course the FCL A.

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Even when leaving from a non-gate position? Wow, hadn't realized that.

Hmm. No reason to go to the B lounge then.

Could send them to the A lounge or the Terminal, I've never heard of problems when actually showing up at the Terminal when connecting F -> C, has anyone else?

4. NewbieRunner
    Original Member

NewbieRunner Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. synd
    Original Member

synd Silver Member

Status Points:
  6. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good Day: Flew LH457 from LAX to FRA in First on 4/5 and connected LH1036 FRA to CDG in C on 4/6. Arrived Gate C.
    Walked to the First Class Terminal and got a car ride to the Paris flight. Flight was parked at the gate.
    On the way back, I flew from LYS to FRA on LH1083 in C and arrived Gate A.
    Walked to the First Class Lounge next to gate B22 and got a car ride to LH 456 in First departing from gate C15.
    Out of the First Class Lounge next to gate B22 you get a car ride or a shared Mercedez Benz mini bus only if your flight leaves from gate A or C.

7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Correct- and only to non-Schengen destinations.