FRA Welcome Lounge

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by HiIslands, May 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone have any recent experience with the policies at the Lufthansa Welcome Lounge at FRA?
    I am flying (upgraded) UA Business Class from ORD and would like to catch a shower before I start my day in Frankfurt.

I seem to recall that in past years my boarding pass got me in the door, but will it also allow me a shower?

2. Pat+
    Original Member

Pat+ Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't remember if UA imposes restrictions on upgraded passengers (FWIW they do seem to do it at their own lounges only, not at Star or partner lounges) but if you can get in, then you can shower. There's no shower police :)

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you can get inside then there is nothing preventing your using the showers. I believe they were supposed to update the rules so that any ATI-aligned arrival in C gets access rather than only LH metal arrivals but I'm not sure if this actually happened or not.

4. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Welcome Lounge at FRA was always positioned as being for LH eligible only passengers, but they had some exceptions that allowed for UA/CO First/Business class passengers.

But I just looked at the LH website and it looks like they've gone back to their strict LH only policy:

Since you are 1K, I'd goto one of the Senator lounges before exiting and use the showers there.

5. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you all! I'll update you on my actual experience.

6. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    FOLLOW UP:

I went to the Lufthansa Welcome Lounge in the arrivals section just outside of baggage claim. They accepted my UA business class boarding pass and booked me for a shower room. Afterwards, I had a GREAT breakfast. They even offered to make me some eggs to order!

What a difference this lounge makes in feeling good on the first day of a trip!

7. bartla

bartla Silver Member

Status Points:
  8. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    bartla likes this.