FRA connection

Discussion in 'FRA | Frankfurt International Airport' started by de52king, Apr 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. de52king

de52king Active Member

Status Points:
    I'll be transiting FRA to BKK. I'm arriving on either UA/LH and will be departing TG. Now I'm in UA F, but hope to be in LH F. Any insight as to what transiting passengers can expect and which lounges would be best suited for a couple on a 4 hour layover? TIA!

2. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    You don't say where you are arriving from, but presumably this is USA (given reference to flying UA or LH).

For a non-schengen to non-schengen transit (such as US-FRA-BKK), you will need to clear security (possibly more than once) but not immigration. TG uses B40s gates.

If you arrive on UA F and depart on TG F (or TG C but you have *G status) then you have access to the SEN lounges at FRA (there is one near the B40s gates), and also the AC Maple Leaf Lounge.

If you arrive on UA F and depart on TG C and do not have *G status then you have access to the FTL/Business class lounges at FRA (there is one near the B40s gates).

If you arrive on LH F and depart on TG then you have access to the LH F lounges. There is one in the B part of the terminal. As your departing flight is TG and uses the B40s gates then you won't get driven to the airport, but you can use all the other services in the LH F lounge.

Newscience likes this.