FQM question

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Morris, Jun 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Morris

Morris Active Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know how to tell when flexible elite qualifying miles are expiring? These are the miles you get when you use the Presidential card.

2. Black Cloud
    Original Member

Black Cloud Gold Member

Status Points:
    No.
    And UA swore up and down when they made the FEQM changes that they would be transparent, on the website, when the miles would expire.

There's a lot of confusion surrounding the FEQMs.

3. festdave

festdave Silver Member

Status Points:
    Other than potentially closing new applications to the Chase card that accrues FPQMs, I didn't think anything had changed.

FPQMs earned in 2011 and earlier do not expire. Those earned in 2012 and later expire at the end of the calendar year +3. So, for example, FPQMs earned anytime in 2012 expire at the end of 2015.

This isn't on United's site; it's on Chase's (they're the one promising the benefit; United just fulfills it).
    https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-Cards/united_pres-travel-protection.htm

4. Morris

Morris Active Member

Status Points:
    Yes, but how can I tell which year the FPQMs belong to?

5. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been asking myself that same question. I hope that they will set that up before the end of the year. I also hope we get to choose which miles we use. FIFO would be unfriendly for pre-2012 FPQMs, but appropriate for 2012+ FPQMs.

desamo likes this.
  6. festdave

festdave Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you haven't kept track of it yourself, I think you can call United and they can tell. Also, IIRC, if you call customer service to have them applied, rather than doing it on the website, you can pick which year's set the miles come from. The website redemption does not offer a choice (I just checked).

desamo, 8MiHi and stephenbgarvan like this.
  7. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    It would greatly aid my annual planning to be able to keep as many no-expiration FPQMs as possible. My travel has fallen back to around 50k per year, so planning out FPQM use for platinum status matters.

desamo likes this.