FourSquare - specifics to get bonus

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Gaucho, Oct 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    OK... so I have my FS account, and want to make sure I log into my account properly to get the offered bonus.... here are my series of "smart" questions..... :oops:

a) must I use a mobile device to log into my account or does any internet device qualify...?
    b) must I worry about location services settings...?
    c) can I connect using Wifi.... or if I must use a mobile device, I dont have to use data forcefully or...? Here Im concerned about location services not working with wifi....

Thanks for you patience with these moronic questions..... :oops:

2. needtoescape

needtoescape Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm a moron about smart phones and social media check-ins too :) , but I can report that I was able to get the FS bonus points by checking in using my laptop (via wifi) from my room at the Sheraton during a qualifying stay. I used this URL to do the check-in: https://foursquare.com/mobile/login?continue=/mobile/

3. dc_traveler
    Original Member

dc_traveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can you say how long it took the foursquare points to post? Many thanks in advance!

4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    I checked in to my account during my last stay... but nothing seems to have posted... although I did get a small 74 starpoint credit which I dont understand..... I paid a $150 rate so the small 74 point credit doesnt make any sense, and also my number of stays doesnt reflect this night...... I wonder what is going on....???