Four Seasons Toronto five star and five diamond

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by HotelLover, Jan 22, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. its a a first for Canada having said that doesn't anyone find the list confusing. Some four stars do not deserve to be four stars. Also I am also very confused why they did for others and why they didn't for some deserving ones. Like for instance the Four Seasons Vancouver is also a five star really?????? and is the Mandarin Oriental in San Francisco really five star???

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    IMHO, this depends on personal preferences and taste.

UA191 likes this.
  3. sure it does but fs vancouver is run down

4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's an older hotel, but it is consistently sited as one of the best hotels in town. Aren't there any renovations planned?

5. that must be true

6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some people like the Fairmont offerings or the Shangri La hotel Vancouver. Don't forget the Wedgewood, a Relais & Chateaux hotel is there too.

http://www.wedgewoodhotel.com/index.php

7. Yes but its a first for canada and thats exciting canada has something it didn't

8. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm happy for Four Seasons and Canada as a whole, the Toronto property is outstanding from what I hear, read and yes, it is a newly constructed hotel. It's great to know that the hardware and software are fabulous and received a rating of 5 stars and 5 diamonds. I'm sure many people will take this rating as a guide to find the best hotels in each city they visit.

Sammich likes this.
  9. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
  10. AAA does not have stars, it has diamonds. The Four Seasons has both. Shangri La only has Diamonds

11. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, got confused over stars vs diamonds.

12. but yes Shangri La has aaa five diamond

13. fairmont really???

14. having said that I do not really care, most people who go to The Mark Hotel a four star will have a great time and will not question the luxury they will receive and some people who go to the Four Seasons a five star in New York will go this is not five star. We should go to what works for us. Its a guide not a bible

15. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depends what people like.

16. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, it's a guide not a bible, well said. It's all about personal preferences IMHO.

17. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fairmont is not too bad of a hotel actually and one of the better choices in Vancouver although personally I think the FS is slightly better due its service. The views from the Fairmont are far superior though.

Back on the Toronto topic I had two good stays in 2013 at the FS Toronto which I wrote about over on TOBB.

uggboy likes this.