Four Seasons Riyadh offers Wi-Fi in limos

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by sobore, Nov 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.tradearabia.com/news/TTN_225436.html

[​IMG]

Four Seasons Hotel Riyadh at Kingdom Centre is featuring a new travel experience with the hotel’s limousine fleet now offering complimentary Wi-Fi en route.

Whether heading to or from the airport, to a corporate event or business meeting, busy executives on a packed schedule will be able to stay connected during their commute.

The limousines can be booked 24 hours a day from the hotel’s concierge desk. Guests can choose to travel in either a BMW 730 or classic Cadillac Escalade, with all cars coming from the latest 2012 production line.

Read More: http://www.tradearabia.com/news/TTN_225436.html

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Taj hotels offer this in Mumbai with their airport pickup and drop off services. Nice little service in my opinion.

sobore likes this.
  3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I added a slight clarfication. (owing to the government, not the hotel)

4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice. I guess one should ask if 3G or equivalent data charges dont cost less than the delta between a hotel limo ride cost and a "comparable" taxi ride... if there is such a thing..... wait, these guys are on a corporate expense account, what do they care what a hotel limo ride costs...????

Whatever happened to shareholder value......?

(guy who used to be one of these expense account types but now owns his own circus, and no longer uses hotel limos, puts on flame retarding suit)

:rolleyes:

5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Gaucho :)

The next time you are visiting a country you don't happen to have a 3G SIM card for- I guarantee you the delta between the limo ride cost and the comparable taxi will be far in favour of the limo if you happen to hit the 3G network for even a few minutes.

One of my colleagues sent a few messages from their iPhone in Malaysia and it cost them 1200 EUR. Could have chartered a helicopter and come out well ahead.

Gaucho likes this.
  6. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dont take this the wrong way.... but this is hard (impossible) to believe. I think your colleagues are playing with you. 1200 Euros for a few text messages is simply not possible. They probably downloaded a few dirty movies to watch on the plane... that sounds more like what happened.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    No. They left the Iphone turned on and it does a lot of download by itself. And at 0.5 EUR per kb which is the charge in Malaysia it only takes 2.4 MB to equal 1200 EUR which is indeed what their phone downloaded (also has software such as What's App which "pings" on a regular basis and each "ping" is 0.5 EUR......#Banditmobilephonecompanyroamingfees

Gaucho likes this.
  8. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah... OK, so they are idiots.... plain and simple.

If you have an Iphone and dont understand that you need to deactivate things like Data Roaming... then you are an idiot. I trust these guys had to pay the 1200 Euros out of their own pocket, or....? If I were top brass at the firm that employed them, it would be either that or else..... hit the pavement.

:mad:

9. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    We had the mobile phone company refund it. It was fortunate timing in the sense that part of the mobile phone agreement contracts were up for renewal at the same time the invoicing arrived. Agreed regarding Data Roaming- the issue is that someone who is used to a Blackberry would never understand the difference in charges you can "Rack Up" with an Iphone or similar new smartphone. A Blackberry using email all the time is hard pressed to hit 100 EUR a week in data roaming in most countries. The Iphone on the other hand can hit 100 EUR just updating the Weather Channel (seriously).

Kalboz likes this.
  10. LuizzeOliveira

LuizzeOliveira Silver Member

Status Points:
    Riyadh is a capital of Saudi Arabian. Four Season is a great hotel with excellent view. Hotel's staff is also very friendly and helpful to their visitors. It's rooms are very spacious, and comfortable with high class services and facilities. This hotel is also suitable for Business.

Kalboz likes this.