Four Seasons Preferred Partner Program

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by techguru, Mar 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Four Seasons Preferred Partner Program is another way for travelers to get "freebies" when staying at Four Seasons Properties. The program was standardized in 2009 across all properties -- meaning all Four Seasons properties offer the benefits outlined in the program. Including properties such as New York and Hong Kong which were not part of FHR or Virtuoso. The cost to the traveler is zero -- benefits are conferred based on booking through a FSPP agency.

Benefits include:

• One-category upgrade based on availability at time of check-in
    • Welcome note at check-in acknowledging travel agency/agent and amenities being extended
    • Daily full American breakfast for two through In-Room Dining or in the hotel restaurant (including buffets)
    • Preferred Partner Value-Added amenity (minimum value: USD85)

I've used a FSPP agent without any problem with benefits. The breakfast amenity can really be a nice benefit -- FS San Francisco breakfast credit is almost 90.00 USD, and worth every penny.

doc likes this.
  2. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another, rather limited benefit, is that suite bookings through FSPP get you free internet access. As to why they are charging for the internet in the first place, well.....

techguru and doc like this.
  3. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I forgot about that RichardSF thanks. Can you think of other freebies?

4. DavidO
    Original Member

DavidO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Keep in mind that the FSPP amenities are also combinable with corporate promotions (such as Experience More free night or hotel credit rates ... and also such promotions as second room at half price at FS Hualalai).

The extra amenity is generally either an $85 lunch credit or a $100 spa credit. These differ by property.

Finally, FSPP guests are at the top of the upgrade chain!

doc likes this.
  5. RichardInSF
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That's the only one I can think of that you missed.

David, I'm not sure what it means to be at the top of the upgrade chain, you are still (as Tennessee Williams put it) relying on the kindness of strangers -- and even at FS, that kindness does vary.

6. DavidO
    Original Member

DavidO Silver Member

Status Points:
    By "top of the upgrade chain," I mean that FSPP guests are ahead of Virtuoso and FHR when it comes to assigning upgrades. Preferred Partner agencies are Four Seasons biggest sellers, and they do take good care of their best supporters.

techguru, RichardInSF and doc like this.
  7. RichardInSF
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Good explanation, thanks.

8. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks didn't realize FSPP had the highest upgrade priority...good to know

9. Ant
    Original Member

Ant Silver Member

Status Points:
    And how does one find a FSPP?

10. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are a number of agents DavidO is one for example...

11. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmm... maybe I'm being dense but that's not immediately clear, and I think I'm in the same boat as Ant, only that he posted it and I didn't. :)

I mean, in the end, what does this mean to the member reading this particular post? Should I reach out to DavidO or some other FSPP with regards to booking my next stay? Does it even matter? Should I be a Super Premium Platinum Unobtanium member to be able to get some of these perks?

Maybe I'm missing the point of the thread, and apologies if it's obvious to everyone else, but I'm trying to figure out how this benefits me in the end. :)

12. Easy Victor

Easy Victor Silver Member

Status Points:
    It means, if you find a FSPP agent, you will receive amenities and possible upgrades that are not available thru any other means. Any FSPP agent will work, but I will put in a good word for DavidO as I have used him a number of times and am quite happy with his service.

Most importantly, using FSPP doesn't cost you a dime-it saves you money. There are times that FSPP agents can offer rates that other providers cannot. No requirements for membership-there is no membership!

If you don't want to save money and not get preferential upgrades, just book the hotel directly. Makes no sense to me, but YMMV.

elitetraveler1A likes this.
  13. luxury

luxury Silver Member

Status Points:
    FS hotels are also willing to work with PP Travel Consultants to ensure a great stay. These can include comp internet for non-suite bookings, upgrades confirmed at time of booking if the hotel can, or even adding Preferred Partner amenities to rate plans which typically are not combinable with PP amenities.

14. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually it sounds awesome... win/win since the hotel gets the business anyway and you get excellent service.

I was only slightly perplexed by the fact that there doesn't seem to be any indication from anyone about how to go about using this service. DavidO himself (as far as I can tell) doesn't seem to be advertising it -- unless he posted somewhere else some "hey look at me, call me if you're going to the FS!" somwhere else.

I'll drop him a line now regardless and see how that plays out, but it just seems like this should have a lot more visibility than it currently does. Think about it, if you didn't mention DavidO by name, I don't think anyone looking at this thread would have any idea of what to do next.

WearyBizTrvlr likes this.
  15. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is an issue many of the agents prefer to deliver a higher level of service, and thus are at capacity or very near it. I know DavidO always provides stellar service, and is thus very busy. Finding an agent who delivers professionalism and is a Stars, Virtuoso, FSPP agent all in one can be challenging. Treat them well, and you'll have a lifelong travel counselor.

GeneCMH likes this.
  16. Linda Terrill
    Original Member

Linda Terrill Silver Member

Status Points:
    What to do next? Call or email David O or one of the other agents on this forum (feel free to contact me as well) and introduce yourself. It's easy to establish yourself as a new client and I believe you'll be surprised at the personal, hands-on service you receive from these highly professional and knowledgeable advisors. The more you share about yourself, your travel companions, and preferences, the more your agent can do to make your travel arrangements exceptional. Unlike other Programs that have a membership or annual credit card cost, there is no cost to work with a FSPP, RC STARS or Virtuoso advisor.

As a FSFF, RC STARS and Virtuoso agent, it is my practice to make reservations directly with our contacts at the hotels so we have a pulse on overall availability and can negotiate best possible rates and sometimes upgrade at time of booking. It also gives us an opportunity to personally share clients' preferences, special occasions, unusual requests, particular rooms and to arrange VIP greetings. The saying, "it's better to give than receive" is so true in this job: the pleasure I get after learning that a client was upgraded to a presidential suite or a young honeymoon couple was upgraded to an oceanfront room ...that on top of their complimentary breakfasts, welcome gifts and other amenities.....it makes my day. Making people feel special and that someone truly cares about their trip! Those are the moments to savor and makes this work such a joy.

healinginfluence and GeneCMH like this.
  17. GeneCMH
    Original Member

GeneCMH Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info guys / gals, this definitely sounds like the way to book FS stays. Having been a SPG and Hyatt stay slave for years, I'm starting to look forward to finally trying some properties outside the "family". Seems like this is at least some way to get some perks above and beyond.

techguru likes this.
  18. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah right now FS on Big Island also has a promo for 1200 in spa credit...+Virtuoso benefits = awesome!

19. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you have been a SPG and Hyatt slave, Four Seasons is going to make you feel absolutely like part of the royal family!

southender and GeneCMH like this.
  20. GeneCMH
    Original Member

GeneCMH Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cheers to that :D

I've never stayed at one, and am really really wanting to try one soon.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  21. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Start with the European Four Seasons- particularly Paris, Budapest, or Prague- and book through Virtuoso.

22. Linda Terrill
    Original Member

Status Points:
    You'll get the best benefits through a Virtuoso agent who is also a Four Seasons Preferred Partner.

Add FS Bora Bora to your Wish List along with TRAVELSIG's suggestions.

23. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh man... that's setting the bar kind of high for the future though... :)

I'm sure those hotels are fantastic, but you'd probably be disappointed later if you go to one of the "less grand" FS properties. I've stayed at the Four Seasons in Philly, Miami and Vegas and although they are quite nice I'm sure they don't hold a candle to something like Paris or Bora Bora. :)

24. Linda Terrill
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Putting the hotels aside, the cities of Philly and Maimi don't hold a candle to Paris or Bora Bora. It's always fun to add entries to Wish Lists. :)

25. farbster

farbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    How is the FSPP different than say using Amex FHR? We used that for Hualalai and got free breakfast, 2 category room upgrade (Oct - off peak I'm certain) plus $100 credit.