Four Seasons hotel Dublin, Ireland to become Intercontinental Dublin, Ireland on Jan. 1, 2015

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by uggboy, Dec 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Four Seasons hotel to become Intercontinental Dublin

Good news for IC fans, we love the IC brand in many ways. :)

2. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    As I have family in Ireland that is great news and another way for me to spend my now over 1 million points!!!

Flyer1976, Rosalia and uggboy like this.
  3. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Londoncalling...what are you waiting for to use your 1 million points?
    Make sure to use them before they decide to close some other ICs again.

uggboy likes this.
  4. londoncalling

Status Points:
    This coming year most of them will get used up. I actually had 7 nights using points this past year and still ended up with more. Plus I used two BOGO's.

Flyer1976, Rosalia and uggboy like this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Official announcement on IHG.com:

From 1 January, 2015 InterContinental Dublin will operate under a franchise agreement with Ballsbridge Hotel Limited, an affiliate of London & Regional Properties. It will be located in the former Four Seasons Hotel Dublin, one of Ireland’s top-rated hotels.

Situated in Dublin’s prestigious neighbourhood Ballsbridge, the hotel features 197 guest rooms inclusive of 58 suites, an indoor swimming pool, spa & fitness centre, two restaurants and two bars. It also boasts impressive meeting and event space with two ballrooms totalling more than 15,000 square feet (over 1,400 square meters).

http://www.ihgplc.com/index.asp?PageID=116&NewsID=3359

About Again and Rosalia like this.
  6. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wish I knew about this before. :mad:

uggboy likes this.
  7. londoncalling

Status Points:
    Hotel is up on the res system but not showing any open dates yet. I might be going to DUB for a six nations rugby cup game on March 1 so I hope its open for guests by then

uggboy likes this.
  8. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The hotel is still available on FourSeasons.com, I guess that the IC will be available from Jan. 1st, 2015 to book on IHG.com.

londoncalling likes this.
  9. londoncalling

Status Points:
    That was true with the IC Westminster which did not cancel any reservations past their end of lease date but they were not taking any reservations beyond that date either. I don't know if Hilton was taking them before the lease started.

uggboy likes this.
  10. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Usually the hotel brands only take official reservation when they start to manage the property, I believe that was the case with Conrad / Hilton too in regards to the former IC Westminster. Would have loved that this hotel stayed longer with IC / IHG. We enjoyed our stay there. Regarding the new IC Dublin, it was indicated that booking will be honored by IC / IHG even when booked via Four Seasons, but I don't know about Elite benefits, when booked via FS, maybe booking via FS to secure the booking and later call IHG or cancel with FS and re-book with IHG. I'm glad that IC opens up in Dublin, a beautiful compliment to the existing 2 CP's and the HIX DUB.

Flyer1976 likes this.