Four Seasons has launched a $140K around the world flight for the super rich

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Apr 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...r-the-super-rich/story-e6frfqe0-1226896502752

IT’S ridiculously extravagant and you need to be super rich to do it.
    This new luxury jet has been named the limo of the skies and it’s offering outrageously wealthy travellers the chance to take private around-the-world group trips.

[​IMG]

For a whopping $140,000 a ticket, the flying limo comes with an on-board concierge, chef, leather flat-beds and staff to cater to your every need.

Seating only 52 passengers, the jet has been launched by the Four Seasons hotel chain and will take to the skies in February 2015.

Read More: http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...r-the-super-rich/story-e6frfqe0-1226896502752

2. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    I doubt it will succeed. Super rich that they envisage (the narrow segment) do not exist. Specially the one's who are willing to go with others of the same category. Plus, superrich self made silicon valley types are pretty value conscious.

gregm, uggboy and Newscience like this.
  3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Incredible! Another consideration to add to anileze's observation, is that those that can afford such luxurious air travel already have their own jets, or else hire one upon demand!

4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, these people would that, it's amazing that Four Seasons sees the need to "branch out" of traditional hotels and enter the "private jet" tour business. At a high price of course, I'm sure that same demand might exists where time is precious, money is there for the spending and people aren't shy of their fellow passengers who travel with them in "style" around the world. Overall, I'm aren't sure about this, it's all about brand extensions and gaining some media coverage, me thinks. A stunt, maybe, it's 50/50, it might succeeds with a certain segment.

gregm and Newscience like this.
  5. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can't even tell what kind of jet, but I'm groggy...just woke up. Other airlines offer an "all J" seating plan so if you have and extra ~$140,000, why not buy something nice as well as a J ticket to wherever?

blackjack-21 and uggboy like this.
  6. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    A few years back you could go around the world on a private B747 tour with about a half a dozen or more stopovers at five star hotels with all the amenities included for about $55,000. But of course you'd have to travel with other "real" people, not those who ride in their own private penthouses in the sky. Now, for about two and a half times more, you'll get to ride with people who probably won't even want to talk to you along the way.

Yep, super. :rolleyes:

Edit: Clicking on both images of the aircraft from the OP's link, to me it looks like a B757 with large winglets. Nice paintjob though.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    gregm, sobore, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  7. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    National geographic also does a RTW private jet tour as does A&K I believe so there is a market out there it would seem - to me it is a drive by of amazing destinations if rather spend longer at

gregm, sobore, uggboy and 1 other person like this.
  8. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    A&K tours, as with NatGeo are very focussed on experience. Being on a plane for 140K is not their product. NatGeo also has a smaller group, not 55 or even 30 superrich cooped in a J class seat.

gregm, sobore, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  9. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    What's missing in the OP's original picture?

Of course...."Please keep your seatbelts fastened at all times, even when seated". But not when sleeping, as there doesn't appear to be any seatbelts when the full recline into bed mode is shown? I hope the aircraft's ceiling is heavily padded for when the plane hits some turbulance while you're asleep.

And it's not $140,000 unless you have to pay the single supplement of $11,000 on top of the actual fare of $119,000 which would then equal $130,000, but perhaps taxes, fuel surcharges, and other fees and incidental incidentals bring it closer to the $140,000 shown above. It definately becomes a bargain if you take your wife, girlfriend, mistress, or whomever along for the ride.

The FS's website goes on to show the routing and stopovers for the planned trip, and mentions that they've been doing this since 2012, although I didn't read further to see if the previous trips were on chartered planes or their own.

Definately, possibly, maybe going to start saving our pennies for one of their future trips, as long as they can guarantee installing seatbelts on the plane, as us lightweights would easily go on an unintended flight as seen in those anti-gravity flight trips, unlike the heavierweights who'll probably book it full before we even get to go.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    gregm and uggboy like this.
  10. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, yes, I didn't see the exterior shot. Def a 757, looks 200ish, not 300. And the engines are smaller than what Delta and our VP, in his C-32A has.

blackjack-21 likes this.
  11. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I didn't think Joe's B757 had the legs to make it to Ukraine nonstop, unless of course they installed larger wing tanks on the plane. But as long as it keeps Joe happy. Does Kerry have a similar aircraft, just repainted on the inside after Hilary's interior color scheme is painted over?

The winglets on the FS B757 had me hesitate when looking at it, as they're not as wide as I've seen on other B757's, and also from the angle of the second picture in the linked article I first thought the plane was a B737-800 with thin winglets as the WestJet Boeings have up here, and the angle of the picture makes it look shorter then a B757. But as usual, I thought I'd made a mistake and was misteaken thinking I had after all.

12. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    No direct aisle access for everyone? Plus, those bed don't look completely flat to me and there's no (Westin) Heavenly Bedding like DL gives me. Maybe they want to make sure that the 4S hotel beds seem more comfortable.

Zomby Woof likes this.