Four Points vs. Aloft

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Gaucho, Apr 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a SPG earnings related question with these two hotels... Im not entirely up to speed on the actual segmentation of these two hotel brands... are Four Points and Aloft equivalent categories...? (for earning points, stay credit, etc.)...?

Both hotels Im looking at (at San Antonio Airport) are the same SPG category (2) ... and the rates are basically the same, only a $10 difference... will either brand provide me with better earning opportunities or does it only matter what rate I pay...?

Thanks.

perryplatypus likes this.
  2. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are the same in earning points and stay credit and also in welcome gift starwoods points of 125 if you are Gold or a Plat member. I would go with which ever has better amenities like free internet, breakfast, location, shuttle and such. I personally like the unique modern look of the Aloft hotels and rooms. Alsot I just looked and the Aloft in san antonio airport is on this weeks starpicks list and so the price just dropped to $87 if you are staying any day thurs-sun.

Gaucho likes this.
  3. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Aloft which is supposedly a budget W Hotel (at least that's how they advertise it) does not provide for Platinum upgrades.
    * Emphasis added

Gaucho and perryplatypus like this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's 125 points (new) for Gold but 250 for Plat.

Kalboz, Gaucho and perryplatypus like this.
  5. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks.... I like the budget W concept... will try the Aloft in San Antonio.

Kalboz likes this.
  6. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Room booked at the Aloft... will be doing one night here and another at the Four Points.

The things one has to do to get SPG Gold Status... :oops: :rolleyes:

Kalboz likes this.