Four Points Milwaukee North (Wisconsin) - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by MSPeconomist, May 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

This is a suburban hotel located a few miles off of the interstate that runs along the lake from Milwaukee toward Green Bay. Depending on traffic, it's probably about a forty-five minute drive to downtown Milwaukee and the airport. The hotel is located by itself on a secondary road and has free outdoor parking (self park--I didn't see valets). There are a couple inexpensive restaurants in walking distance, including in a very small strip mall across the parking lot from the hotel.

I suspect that the building may have started life as a different chain hotel. It's about eight stories tall. The lobby seems cold and dark, not very appealing, perhaps due to bare and dark flooring. There's a restaurant and bar (sort of a sports bar) area that seems to offer a happy hour, but it closes early. At breakfast, there's the choice of breakfast in the restaurant or "to go" from an express line.

As a Plat, I was given a very large room on a high floor where some but not all rooms (with no apparent logic) had "SPG" labels. I tried to ask whether the "SPG floor" was by room (perhaps some were more recently renovated?) rather than by corridor or by floor, but no one seemed to understand the question. My room had a king bed and a very long sofa (sofa-bed?), plus a desk. The room almost seemed a little empty. It needed freshening, updating, and co-ordination. In fact, I found the room depressing.

The hotel staff with whom I interacted seemed friendly and competent. However, I found the physical environment of this hotel to be disappointing.
    SC Flier and sobore like this.