Four Points Memphis-East Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Jslo, May 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is decent Four Points. I found the staff very friendly and attentive. Nothing super special to report as a Platinum, but then again we are evaluating a Four Points, not a St. Regis! This hotel was completely renovated in February of 2011. It far exceeded my expectations from a location and service/quality standpoint.

Lobby was clean and modern with plenty of seating and workstations. There is a small eating area off one side of the lobby (more on that later). The rooms were clean and spacious. Free wifi in every room. Check in was a breeze. I have not yet been credited for my stay or *points yet (I will update as sorted) which is a bit odd since the Sheraton I stayed at the very next night has already credited. The only negative I can report is that I believe a train rumbled by somewhere near around 12:30 AM. I was still awake, so it didn't awaken me. Definitely loud enough to notice. All in all a good stay.

Ok- the eats details. I will just tell you, don't bother eating at the Four Points. If you do- you should have your head examined. 3 points of info:

1. Sharing the same parking lot and literally 40 meters away is the River Oaks Restaurant. Great for food or a glass of wine, or a local brew at the relaxing bar before turning in.
    2. Coming out of the hotel and turning left, about 2 km max down the street on the left is a tasty little breakfast spot called Blue Plate Cafe. This is your breakfast stop.
    3. Another short hop down Poplar past the Blue Plate on the left is Corky's BBQ. Need I say more. There are a couple Starbucks sprinkled in on the same stretch of Poplar as well.

There are some great eating spots in Memphis, enjoy. These ones above are within a stones toss of the Four Points.

Plenty of Pic's attached. I'll definitely stay here next time I need an SPG in the East Memphis area.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Four Points Memphis East Pics- cont'd.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1/2 dry 1/2 wet rack of ribs at Corky's. Make sure to order the banana pudding for dessert ;)
    [​IMG]
    Grits, eggs, country ham at the Blue Plate Cafe. The biscuits alone were worth the trip!
    [​IMG]