FOUR POINTS Königshof, Dresden no longer Starwood

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Jenny & Curt, Mar 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Received the following about my upcoming reservation:
    Dear guests and partners of the Four Points by Sheraton Königshof, Dresden,
    we would like to inform you that Arabella Hospitality Group as the owning and operating company of the hotel Four Points by Sheraton Königshof, Dresden, sold the real estate complex Königshof and consequently terminated the management contract and related agreements for the hotel for strategic reasons. The decision to resign from ownership and management of the Four Points by Sheraton Königshof was the outcome of a reassessment of business activites of the Arabella Hospitality Group in Dresden already in 2009.

In the course of this transaction, the hotel receives a debranding from the Starwood brand Four Points by Sheraton and leaves the Starwood Hotels & Resorts system on April 1st. It will be managed by the Gold Inn Group, which takes over the management of the hotel under the brand DORMERO.
    We are pleased to advise you that the hotel will honor your reservation and room rate as it was originally confirmed. However, since the hotel will no longer be affiliated with the Starwood system, you will not earn Starpoints at this hotel for any eligible charges incurred, nor will you receive any of your Starwood Preferred Guest membership amenities or benefits.

2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. jupper
    Original Member

jupper Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm guessing it's being done in a hurry, none of the pages really have any English content yet...

4. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was more concerned with the different building on the hotel homepage. [​IMG]

What is that huge building with the #13 on it? Is it a manufacturing facility?

5. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Could it be the Porsche factory?

Look at the column of trees in the Dormero photo and a similar column in this photo (to the left of the round building):

EDIT: BIG MISTAKE BY ME!! Porsche factory is in Leipzig. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

6. jupper
    Original Member

jupper Silver Member

Status Points:
    That was odd as well, but that might be their new digs, who knows ? :)

7. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was thinking that it might just be a default photo from the software that they use for building the website. It might not be in Germany at all. The image name is simply contentHeader.jpg.

It's not the VW plant in Dresden. Check out these photos of that plant.