Four Points Indianapolis Carmel - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Jslo, Apr 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Four Points Carmel (Indianapolis North just off 465) is a decent Four Points. Don't come here if you are looking for anything special, other than just a basic decent hotel. There are only 2 SPG properties in north Indianapolis, so if you want points/stays you take what you can get :) I think next time I am in Indy I will stay at the Sheraton Indy Hotel & Suites, it's pretty close to the Four Points actually!

Check in was simple, no problem. No Platinum recognition though of any kind, other than the small keycard holder was the Platinum sleeve. In fact I am not sure more than 2 words were spoken at all when I came to the counter and handed my SPG AMEX and my SPG Plat card. "Checking in?". Nothing else was said until I was handed my key sleeve. I asked if there was an amenity of any kind, and she said yes we will give you 250 points. Later she said I could also have a $6 food credit instead....I took the points regardless.

I asked if they upgrade Plat's to a suite, and she said yes they do when available. Now, I am guessing these suites are nothing special- but I am also guessing the hotel wasn't full and she just forgot to do the suite upgrade deal. I didn't press it. I would for this review reiterate that while service was good, they didn't seem to really have any sense of Plat or Gold or just whatever. Not unfriendly just basic bored. I'm pretty easy going so I just went with it. It was 10:30 PM and I was checking out at 7 AM so...whatever.

The room was fine, I have included a mess of pics. Clean, decent size. Quiet. It had a cool little white noise machine, I included a little pic of it as well.

After check in, as I was coming from the west time zone..I was kinda hungry. This was the best/most noteworthy portion of the stay: The small little bar/restaurant was just very service oriented and friendly. Even though it was nearing 11PM, they rustled up a club sandwich and the bar stayed open as long as we wished. Several other people/groups were there as well. Very cool bartender, and when I thanked him for his service considering the hour, he said "hey, you are the customer. What kind of a place would this be if a guest coming in late from a different timezone couldn't get a decent bit of food and drink regardless of the hour. We are here to serve, no worries" Coulda pushed me over with a feather as this is NOT my typical customer service interaction anywhere in the USA. Well, I would at minimum say it is increasingly rare to get this kind of attitude.

They also had a tasty local brew on draft, "Dragonfly IPA". Nice.

Free wi-fi throughout hotel.

All in all, just a decent place and ok. I wouldn't necessarily avoid it, but next time will try the other SPG option North Indy.

Lobby Checkin Area
    [​IMG]
    Small Restaurant/Bar Area
    [​IMG]
    Biz center and across was a small seating area. All just off the lobby-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hallway off lobby
    [​IMG]

efox and SC Flier like this.
  2. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pic's Cont.'d

Standard King Room
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Little WhiteNoise machine (sorry for the blur...might have been the Dragonfly IPA ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]