Four Points Dubai Downtown

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by sendaiben, Mar 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Just arrived in Dubai for the first time. First impressions: it's not as hot as I imagined (was also surprised to learn it's humid in the summer!) and everything is shiny and new-looking.

I started out going to the wrong Four Points (there are three in the city), although to be fair I was directed there by the funky touchscreen in the airport metro station, so not 100% my fault... Took a cab to the correct hotel after that.

I'll only be here one night, as I am hotel hopping during this stay (easy to do in Dubai with SPG properties). Kind of regret it, as I have a nice room here :p

I arrived at 9:30 and was informed that my room would be ready around 12. Fair enough. The hotel gave me a cup of coffee and access to internet, and stored my bags for me until I could check in.

The good

-pleasant staff
    -nice lobby
    -upgrade to a very nice one-bedroom suite
    -very quiet, despite being on the 2nd floor near a mosque
    -complimentary bottled water in room
    -walking distance to a supermarket and the metro (about ten minutes)

-the hotel is not really near anything: the metro is a bit of a walk away and there are no restaurants/cafes nearby

This is a good little hotel that ticks all the boxes. Plat recognition and proactive upgrade? Check. Clean, quiet, comfortable room? Check.

I would definitely consider staying at the Four Points Sheikh Zayed Road next time, as that is next to a metro station and has more around it.

Very happy with my one-night stay. Tomorrow: Le Meridien Fairway.
    Newscience and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Thanks for your review, looking now forward to hear also about the Le Meridien Fairway. Cheers, highly appreciated. :)
    Newscience likes this.