Four Points Charlotte

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by VeryGoodPoints, Sep 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. VeryGoodPoints

VeryGoodPoints Silver Member

I thought I'd do a quick review of the Four Points Charlotte. I was a little concerned as I drove towards the hotel because the area doesn't look so great. There's a check-cashing store on each corner, a Churches Chicken, a bail bonds, the train goes directly next to the hotel and there were about 6 men meandering around the corner. The area looks to be somewhat industrial. The hotel looks old from the outside, but is very well maintained on the inside.

The staff is friendly and welcoming - but a bit slow on check-in. We're definitely in the south now. Once I got to my room, it was very large King Suite with a lovely view of the train tracks and some rooftops. :) Since it's just a quick overnight, I don't really care about the view. The room was very clean - with one exception - the stained drapes. The bed was so comfy, I wish I could have taken it home - but I'm guessing they would have seen me sneaking that out of the lobby. The only real complaint is that the air conditioner is very loud when it runs. It actually made is hard to fall asleep at first.

If you're on a quick stop in CLT, I would recommend this hotel.
  2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

This property was not originally built as a 4P, but it got a good renovation when it converted to Starwood. 41% of the rooms here are suites. Unlike most hotels which only have King suites, this hotel also has some suites with two Doubles. Bathrooms are basic: the toilet and tub/shower is in a small room, and the sink area is open to the bedroom. There is also a wetbar sink, microwave, and refrigerator in the living room.

I agree that the AC units tend to be noisy, and I commented to the front desk about that following my most recent stay there.

There's a hotel shuttle from the airport, and this property often has low rates. Free parking. SPG Cat2. Often participates in C&P. The LYNX Light Rail to downtown Charlotte has a stop just 2 blocks from the hotel.

Don't confuse this property with the similarly named "Four Points Charlotte-Pineville." The Pineville property was a new build, but it is about 10 miles away.
    flyingdawg and IDGflygirl like this.
  3. sealiz
    Original Member

sealiz Silver Member

I stayed at the Four Points Pineville earlier this year for over 3 months - they too have nice rooms and a nice staff. The transportation from there to places in Charlotte or near is difficult (need a taxi for the most part). In Charlotte another excellent Starwood is the Ballantyne (different price point but beautiful hotel).
    flyingdawg and SC Flier like this.