Four Points by Sheraton Tempe (AZ)

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Wurm, Apr 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a recent one-night stay at the Four Points by Sheraton in Tempe, Arizona; the stay was pleasant, highlighted by excellent staff.

The location in Tempe is opposite the southeast end of the Arizona State campus. There are not a lot of dining options immediately nearby, but several options are not too far away on Tempe's Mill Avenue (see below).

The hotel provides complimentary shuttle service from and back to Phoenix's Sky Harbor airport. Call when you are on the lower (arrivals) level and the shuttle will be there in a reasonable amount of time.

Check-in was pleasant and quick; the young clerk made mention of the dining hours and bar hours, and reminded me of the included continental breakfast the following morning,

The rooms are smallish but perfectly adequate for a short stay. Decor is in rust/desert-y tones, with furnishings in good shape (apparently the hotel structure underwent a major re-model before it opened as a Four Points a few years ago). The bed is comfortable, with plenty of pillows. The LCD flat-panel television has a good mix of channels, and can be viewed from either the lounge chair or the bed. The desk provides a good work surface, aided by easy-access electrical plugs and a ergonomically- comfortable desk chair.The a/c worked well.

[​IMG]

The two negatives in the room are a) lack of a laptop safe, and b) no closet - only an narrow armoire with limited space (this could be an issue during an extended stay).

The bathrooms are bright with tiled floors and walls. Big walk-in shower-only (no tub) with full-length glass doors and very good water pressure. Standard "Clean" products and plenty of towels were provided.

At dinner time, I asked if the shuttle could take me over to Mill Ave. for dinner; the driver asked "are you ready now"? :) After my meal, I called and was told the driver would try to be there in 20 to thirty minutes; he was there in just over 15.

Zero-balance bill was under the door, accompanied by USA Today. They ask that you notify them the night before if you need extra-early shuttle to the airport; I had neglected to do, but was still offered an immediate trip. The staff really went our of their way to accomodate, and it made my short stay a good one.

Jslo and DeltaExpert like this.
  2. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad you had a good experience there! Thanks for posting your review