Four Points by Sheraton - Pittsburgh North

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by jupper, Mar 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jupper
    Original Member

jupper Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently staid at this Four Points by Sheraton - Pittsburgh North whilst visiting Pittsburgh and spending time around the North Hills.

Now, take that North part very literally; it's located in Mars, PA (near Cranberry Township), a fair drive from downtown Pittsburgh. It's also a combination of a hotel, office building and a small mall, built in a square surrounding a little atrium: two sides are part of the hotel, the other two sides are shops and offices.

Getting to it can be done via the TurnPike (76) which it seems a lot of navigation systems prefer, but taking 79 or Route 19 works just as best.

The hotel itself is nicely appointed, room was a bit small for my taste, but OK. The standard free WiFi and bottled water. The sounds from the atrium (especially a large group of underage Penguin fans) can wake you up if you had planned on sleeping in though, but given my jetlag I didn't care much.

I didn't interact with the staff much, but there was always a smile (which seemed genuine) and my request for a late check-out was no problem (SPG Gold). The rates were a bit high for my taste (most likely due to the group booking of those Penguin fans), but a 40% off of the second night made the value for money OK.

Summary: as Four Points go it was a nice atmosphere for the property, but the room disappointed a bit, but then again this was only 1 stay. Given the distance to Pittsburgh I'd only recommend it if you have business / commitments not in the downtown area during business hours, but I didn't hit traffic during my drives (late morning and way after midnight ;D). OK value for money, hope they update the rooms a bit more (or stick me in a better one ;D) and nice for a celestial birthday stay.