Four Points by Sheraton - Pittsburgh Airport

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by jupper, Mar 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jupper
    Original Member

jupper Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stay fairly often at this Four Points by Sheraton - Pittsburgh Airport visiting Pittsburgh when arriving on a late or leaving on an early flight.

Now, it is close to the airport, but not at the airport (there's only a Hyatt property near the terminal). The property can be a little hard to find in the dark, although I can usually find it without help from Google Navigation by now, so take the directions with you, and don't fret, it's reachable from two exits (56 - McClaren Road just keep going straight and follow the signage making you turn left after a while & 58 - Montour Run Road hang a right up the hill and follow the signage making you take a couple of right turns). The hotel also has a complimentary airport shuttle that takes about 15 minutes each way.

As for the hotel, no suites for you Plats, but it does have roomier bathroom rooms as well as rooms with a refrigerator and microwave. Room wise it's nicely appointed with free WiFi, bottled water and floor space (!) better then some of the standard rooms I've had at other higher-end (SPG/HH/MR) properties. If you're on the highway facing side there's a bit of noise, but it doesn't bother me much, I have a 50/50 chance of getting that side.

Hotel staff is curteous and always helpful even when arriving at 3am (bad experiences at the Westin downtown !). :) Restaurant is nice for breakfast, haven't sampled lunch or dinner, but I like sitting there reading and enjoying the shrubbery outside usually when early/late. Rate-wise you can usually score a night a bit below $100 (prepaid or AAA), cash and points is usually available as well.

Summary: as far as Four Points go I like it, despite it being out of the way a bit, it provides good value for money and the friendly staff makes this a good post-/pre-flight overnighter for me.

2. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for your report!