Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by sendaiben, Nov 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed here on a Saturday night in November 2011. The hotel is about 30-40 minutes from the airport by taxi, but it is quite easy to get there by train/subway instead. I was only in town for about fourteen hours, so didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel (didn't even get to try the bed out!).

Impressions as below:

The good:

professional, friendly staff
    clean and bright room (I was upgraded to Comfort room on the 7th floor with a view of La Sagrada Familia in the distance)
    metro/tram/bus nearby

The bad:

for a new hotel (opened Oct 2011) it is showing its age: shower head was old, leaky, had shower curtain that clings to you halfway through, etc. Hallways, carpets, etc. also a bit worn. Expected more from them in this regard.

Overall:

This is a reasonable and pleasant hotel with friendly staff, a few stops on the subway from downtown Barcelona. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely consider the hotel again.

2. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow, that's quick. Surprised it would be showing so much wear so soon.

3. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not newly built. They rebranded another hotel and weren't as thorough with the renovations as I would have expected ;)

flyingdawg likes this.