Four Points Beijing/Haidian - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Jslo, Sep 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have stayed at this hotel many times, it is a decent property and if you need to be on the W/NW side of Beijing/Haidian area its a good safe bet. Opened new in Fall of 2008 IIRC.

Positives
    :: Staff presence is good, english is good in almost all cases, friendly and helpful staff.
    :: The buffet in the lobby is REALLY a good breakfast spot, mix of European/American/Chinese assorted and many choices. A great way to start the day in Beijing (especially in my case as I often don't know when/where/what I will be eating throughout my business day).
    :: Rooms are spacious, modern, and clean. I would even say they are really nice!
    :: I enjoy the lobby lounge/bar area to get some work done and relax with a drink or an appetizer.
    :: Never have a problem getting a taxi, the doormen are good and on top of getting you where you need to go.
    :: Points and stay credits post quickly and accurately.
    :: 12th floor Plat lounge is decent to nice. Canapés and drinks, etc.
    :: Maybe a kilometer down the road is a huge shopping mall with McD's, SBux, assorted dining options etc. Golden Resources Mall

Negatives
    :: If you don't need to be on the W/NW side of Beijing this is not close to the airport or CBD etc. Traffic in Beijing is definitely a factor.
    :: They have some issue with the glass shower/tile seal leaking. It's nothing crazy but some rooms are worse than others. Put a towel on the floor by the seam and it will catch the water and avoid a wet floor. YMMV, and again this is China where plumbing is always an adventure.
    :: Probably 30% of the time I end up with a smoky room despite room and floor signage to the contrary (no smoking). Not atypical for China, a pretty smoke friendly country. Edit: Should add that anytime I have gone back to the front desk for a different room due to the smoke factor they have quickly accomodated my request.

As I have stayed many times, I thought I would post a quick review. It's a good hotel in Beijing and the price is good, the breakfast is great.

Lobby buffet area
    [​IMG]

Room/Bathroom
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lobby/Check-in
    [​IMG]

Lobby lounge area

Four Points Beijing [Haidian District]

sendaiben, Chad and Rocket like this.
  2. I have stayed there before, good review.

Jslo likes this.
  3. hotelsallover

hotelsallover Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would add that the adjoining Aloft is not great, but it is often half the price.

Jslo likes this.
  4. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice to know hotelsallover! Thanks. I actually have a stay at that Aloft in a couple weeks- and I booked it for that exact reason, half the price same location, even if I walk over for the Four Points breakfast buffet and pay I am still ahead...

5. hotelsallover

hotelsallover Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah it would be great for hotel hopping as well.

The aloft isn't terrible, it was just much more 'limited service' than I expected. It is also much more expensive than other limited service properties in China.

I guess if you have stayed at an Aloft before, you'll know what to expect and won't be disappointed.

Jslo likes this.
  6. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree. I am not an Aloft rookie so my eyes are wide open going in. It's manageable. These two properties would be AMAZING for mattress running/hopping. It's literally a 20m walk across a landscaped courtyard...nice and easy. Good call.