Four Points - Asheville NC

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by dhammer53, Jul 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ordinary looking property from the outside. Nothing fancy lobby. Staff aims to please. Free parking. Free Wi-Fi and lobby computers. Small gym. Easy access to the highway and Blue Ridge Parkway.

The hotel has 5 floors. I was on the SPG floor. Normal room. Good size. Comfortable bed and pillows. I have Gold status = 2 bottles of water daily + a drink coupon and 125 points.

The bathroom is stark white, and has plenty of white light. It's normal sized, but manages to be spacious. Hair dryer available.

It took me a day to see that there are extra plugs for computers/chargers on the side of the desk.

The hotel is 5 - 20 minute walk to everything. Asheville is a small, easy to get around city. FYI, bring quarters for the meters if you're driving. .25 cents per 12 minutes = $1.25 hour. Two hour max.

They have an outdoor pool and small exercise room.
    The hotel bar has plenty of local brews.

I'd stay here again. There was nothing to complain about!! :cool:

This property is an under-rated gem.

karung99, uggboy, TravelBear and 4 others like this.
  2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope you enjoyed your visit to our lovely city.

uggboy, TravelBear and MX like this.
  3. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I loved that hotel. It was a good deal too, when it was only a cat.2. Tall people often complain though that the beds there are unusually short.

4. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm 5'11" and had no issues. You must be tall. :D

5. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually, there are plenty of parking garages that are free the first hour then $1 an hour after. I won't tell you where there is free parking, that's a locals thing. ;) Truthfully though, if you stay at this property there is no reason to drive anywhere downtown.

uggboy and miles and smiles like this.
  6. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I finally saw that garage on our 3rd day. :D

7. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know of 4 and one of them is in the lower level of the new Aloft. There is a 5th parking garage that is run by a bank and it is more expensive, but people use it as it is higher visibility.

8. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I have stayed at this hotel, and found it just fine. VERY friendly staff, and we just love Asheville. Great hotel, business or leisure, although when wife travels with me and we're on vacation we usually stay at the Inn at the Biltmore--more of a lux property.

miles and smiles and uggboy like this.
  9. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Although I am only 5'8" tall, I have a sales rep who is 6'7". He informed me of a little known fact among us more moderately sized folk. (He actually learned this while playing for Northwestern Basketball many years ago.) Many of the moderate to luxury Hotel brands have a "bed extender" that can be provided for tall guests. It does go at the end of the bed and may require some furniture moving, but it extends the bed by two feet. All you have to do is ask the reservation clerk or the front desk on the day you arrive. (He said it helps if it is noted in the advance reservation) They have to have housekeeping do it. But he said that most hotels will have it or they can actually put a roll away at the foot of the bed to make things more comfortable for those that tower above we mortals.

Should work at most hotels in major cities. But I would not expect it at a Super 8 or Motel 6 in Random, Nebraska. But I would expect to find it at most Starwood brands, as well as Hilton, Marriott, and IC.

Finally, you MAY find this to be true but don't count on it. It still would not hurt to ask if you are taller than about 6'3"

miles and smiles and dhammer53 like this.
  10. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed there a few years ago for the Xmas Jam. Good location. Got a better rate at the Renaissance for this year's Xmas Jam.

miles and smiles likes this.