Four Cyber Monday Travel Deals to Salivate Over Now

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Nov 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.jaunted.com/story/2012/1...yber+Monday+Travel+Deals+to+Salivate+Over+Now

We know you've planned your itinerary for overindulgence this week, but there’s still time to tweak things a little bit in advance of the shopping bonanzas known as Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Sure you can head out into the dark of the early morning hours in search of a discounted television, computer, or toaster, or you can just fire up the laptop, tablet, or phone and look for some travel deals. We’re not exactly sure who will be offering what—that’s the surprise of Black Friday—but here’s some hints.

· Cathay Pacific is doing something, but we’re not sure exactly what. They have a landing page set up and ready to go promising a “Black Friday Exclusive,” and requesting us to check back with them at midnight on November 23. A little research reveals that it may be a 15% off airfare deal. Expect the discount to apply for travel through February 2013, and it sounds like those booking tickets will even be entered into a special contest.

· LAN and TAM are also getting in on the Cyber Monday frenzy, offering deals like 10% off international long-haul flights and 25% off on round-trip domestic and regional flights booked on LAN.com. That should definitely help out those looking to book flights to place like Cusco, which can be expensive for a domestic flight from Lima.

· JetSetter.com will be in full force with extremely limited hotel deals. Specifically, at 11am ET on Cyber Monday, they'll seel ONE voucher for any 10 nights at any of Sofitel's North and South American hotels for only $100 (total). If you're not into Sofitel, there's also ONE voucher for any 10 nights at 6 different Morgans Hotel Group hotels around the world...also for only $100.

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2012/1...yber+Monday+Travel+Deals+to+Salivate+Over+Now

SC Flier, Kalboz and Jimgotkp like this.
  2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]

sobore likes this.
  3. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sold out for both offers. And the site is apparently a bit overloaded with traffic now. With only 1 of each offer available, this was closer to being a sweepstakes than being a sale.

Other Cyber Monday travel deals:
    Southwest Airlines: Book by midnight today. Travel on December 24 for $100 Or Less One-Way. (Nonstop service only.)

VeryGoodPoints and viguera like this.
  4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah that was impossible... I started seeing issues when refreshing about a couple of minutes in, but got as far as the Morgan offer and being able to actually put it in my cart and enter my credit card info. When I hit submit to purchase it said it was sold out.

I had hoped (like a foolish fool) that if it allowed me to get that far, I would have actually been able to purchase it. Imagine my surprise. :)

SC Flier likes this.
  5. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    It got them some attention and some new members, but it seemed like we'd all just be playing the odds and hope for the best. Work got in my way, so I didn't really have a chance. Bad performance problems were a risk that they decided to accept. They do sometimes have some good offers, though.

I was hoping that SPG's 35 "WOW" package offers that came out this afternoon would be worthwhile, but I haven't seen any that I find tempting. Most offers are fairly ordinary packages, IMO. Marketing might be partially at fault; the promo page for the Westin Whistler's offer says that two 4-day lift passes are included in their 5-day package, but the rate description itself has no mention of that inclusion.

6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I saw the WOW stuff too... wasn't really worthwhile IMO. I hate that most people are just reposting stuff and it's spamm-y without doing any sort of analysis (other than the Loyalty Traveler review).

Personally I think a lot of the companies out there are trying to cash in on the whole "cyber Monday" buzz and offer dubious "deals" hoping that people will just jump in.

SC Flier likes this.
  7. VeryGoodPoints

VeryGoodPoints Silver Member

Status Points:
    I couldn't find a single date available with the advertised rates or promotional items included. Very bad Cyber Monday deal IMO.

8. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    As best I can tell, the Westin Whistler's deal is CAD 234/nt for stays through 12/21 check-out. Then CAD 414/nt for 1/2/13 - 4/1/13. The promo page advertises rates from $299/nt -- a price that I don't see at all. (1BR suites are available for additional cost.)