Former Ritz-Carlton Rose Hall in Jamaica to rebrand as a Park Hyatt

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by uggboy, May 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || Former Ritz-Carlton Rose Hall in Jamaica to rebrand as a Park Hyatt ||

This will be a relatively "huge" Park Hyatt. That's interesting news IMHO, as the Martinez Hotel in Cannes is branded as a Grand Hyatt, but really should be a Park Hyatt too.

sobore likes this.
  2. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting.

I hate Jamaica. One of the most truly hostile places I've ever been to and you just don't dare leave the security of your hotel compound lest you end up terribly, terribly, harassed. Even when I am on a tropical/beach/relaxation vacation, I want to be able to explore a bit, but no way on Jamaica. (Do note my avatar, showing me in Belize, which I think is just wonderful.)

As for the property, I've read the reviews on tripadvisor. Different people have different views of TA's usefulness, but the recurring theme in these reviews is that folks were disappointed and that the property did not live up to expectations. So, we'll see . . . .

3. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd believe it once they actually started taking reservation as a Park Hyatt. I've come across similar news from Hyatt without much follow-up. PH Aruba, for instance.

4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    UPDATE:

Hotelchatter.com has also a report about the future Park Hyatt Montego Bay property:

LINK

So no one seems to know right now about a "new" Park Hyatt in Jamaica, officially that is.

I have submitted a question regarding this rumored upcoming property to Mr. Zidell and I hope he will consider it and we have an answer at the upcoming "Conversation Event" here at MP on the 20th of August.http://milepoint.com/forums/threads...th-jeff-zidell-hyatt-scott-voeller-mgm.66754/

5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    UPDATE:

Hotelchatter.com now reports that the former Ritz-Carlton Rose Hall will [ on expectation ] be turned into Hyatt's new all-inclusive / family friendly brand HYATT ZIVA:

LINK

6. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah - it seemed too big to be a PH.

And it appears that it will be an all inclusive. I don't necessarily like all inclusives, but if I am stuck on Jamaica, I would be terrified to leave the enclave.

OceanBreezes likes this.