For what it is worth Expedia now has rewards program

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by toddreg, Mar 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. toddreg
    Original Member

toddreg Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/p...rds-program-revamped-loyalty-rewards/149510/1
    Read about the new program at the above link. It says that you can triple dip on airline tickets. Guess it doesn't hurt to open up an account for flight purchases only.... assuming that it's the same price on Expedia as on the airline's own website or others.

It definitely doesn't make sense to lose hotel points for Expedia points.... even with their healthiest redemption on hotel coupons, (50,000 pts for $1000), there's little value here.

If someone sees some other value to the program, definitely be open to hearing what you see that I don't.

3. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe one could quadruple dip on the airline side: link to Expedia via a mileage mall (Upromise.com for me), credit card rewards, expedia.com rewards, and then airline miles.

4. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    What I found interesting is:

Can I earn points when I book travel for someone else on Expedia.com?
    Yes. Earning is associated with your enrolled Expedia account. So you can earn Expedia Points for booking eligible travel for other people when signed in to your enrolled Expedia account, even when you don't travel with them.

Some possibilities there, no? :)