For those who have received their stickers -

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by davidbbrenner, Feb 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. davidbbrenner

davidbbrenner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all, gotta love international mail..... I received my Platinum Elite cards today, Feb 3, 2012, that expired 3 days ago :)

I know, stickers are en route to get them through the merger on 3/3,

My question is that they also sent 4 expired continental currency vouchers. Although I don't generally use them, I usually give them to shipmates I see coming home from being in theater. Any word on if Continental/United is honoring expired drink vouchers?

2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    So far there has been no official announcement but it would seem that at the discretion of the flight attendants that they have been accepted so far.

davidbbrenner likes this.
  3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Luckily I still have 4 CO Currency of the non-expiring type (old ones they used to issue)... :)

4. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been using expired drink certs. The flight attendants don't look at the expiration dates.

SC Flier likes this.
  5. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    In my experience the UA flight attendants don't look at the expiration dates but the CO flight attendants do. At least I've been questioned when I've used expired certificates. I also seem to have lower upgrade rates on CO so I'm probably more apt to be needing to use them on CO.

AZjohn likes this.
  6. mauld

mauld Silver Member

Status Points:
    On a recent flight in coach, I gave my 'soon to expire' drink certs to the FA, and told her to use them on the next 3 passengers who ordered. She was very surprised, thanked me and told the receipients of the gift.

7. Stephen
    Original Member

Stephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good idea, I have a stash expiring end of month. I think about 12 of them :confused: I will be in first so won't be needing :D

8. Yavamos

Yavamos Active Member

Status Points:
    UAL never notes the dates - just used a couple more today BRU-IAD