For those that have a lot of money to spend at the Qantas Shop

Discussion in 'Qantas Airways | Frequent Flyer' started by Chimpy, Apr 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I came across this article in the Australian Business Traveller:

The top 5 ways to waste your money at the Qantas Shop
    On top of its day-to-day operations as Australia's flag-carrier airline, Qantas also runs an online shop selling an assortment of travel goods, accessories and even memorabilia

But regardless of what you think about how well Qantas runs its airline business, a browse through the what Qantas is selling shows a strategy that would make Aussie retail king Gerry Harvey laugh and cry at the same time.

Here are the five best ways to waste your hard-earned money at the Qantas store:

[​IMG]
    Yes, you're reading that right. That's three thousand, five hundred and twenty dollars for a bunch of Qantas posters. The individual posters sell for over $400 each. We can think of a famous line from The Castle that applies here...
    [Four more can be found at the link below]
    http://www.ausbt.com.au/the-top-5-ways-to-waste-your-money-at-the-qantas-shop

Horse, wombat18, drewbles and 8 others like this.
  2. infoworks
    Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Status Points:
    The stuff of nightmares...I can place them all around the bedroom walls and wake up in fright!

Chimpy likes this.
  3. drewbles
    Original Member

drewbles Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's nothing compared to a certain person I know that (used to) have walls painted in VH-OEJ's paint scheme and (still) has Dreamtime seats as his lounge room chairs (complete with the whole tray and cutlery/crockery setup from a QF flight so you can eat plane meals at your seat).

Chimpy likes this.