For those of us who like airport hotels

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by guinnessxyz, Mar 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. http://www.bbc.com/travel/blog/20130307-the-evolution-of-airport-hotels-from-staid-to-stylish

But with more travellers taking to the skies than ever before, airport hotels have started wooing fliers by throwing decades-old expectations out the window. Older hotels have gone through redefining facelifts while newer hotels come equipped with first-class gyms and spas, spacious workstations and swimming pools. In fact, airport hotels, which are generally cheaper than their city-centre counterparts, have been experiencing a major style evolution.

daninstl, sobore and uggboy like this.
  2. chemist562
    Original Member

chemist562 In Memorian

Status Points:
    There is a BIG difference between airport hotels inside an airport (my wife & I stayed at the Sheraton in Milan Malpesa airport) and ones that are close to an airport. There are also hotels that state they are an airport hotel but can be miles away from the airport.

uggboy and daninstl like this.
  3. anpe

anpe Active Member

Status Points:
    The Hilton Frankfurt mentioned in the article is indeed pretty cool, and can be had for cheap. Also, they have Hilton Garden Inn next to it, very similar looking.

uggboy and daninstl like this.
  4. AUSsie

AUSsie Silver Member

Status Points:
    I love airport hotels, especially for stupidly early morning flights.

uggboy likes this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes we choose good airport hotels even for later flights. A few we like incl. The Hilton DUB, The Novotel Suvarnabhumi BKK, The Hyatt Regency Incheon.