For the Thank-You Luncheon on March 14, 2011...

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Canarsie, Feb 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am posting here to try to keep this discussion a secret from Kevin Pinto, as I want to honor him at the Thank-You Luncheon on March 14, 2011.

All quotes in this milepost are from FlyerTalk and not from milepoint.com:
    I am posting the following in this thread for a reason...

...the Thank-You Luncheon date is now set for Monday, March 14. Richard Anderson will be there, as well as greater than 100 Delta Air Lines employees are expected to attend as well. This luncheon is not open to the public due to logistics and funds. Please accept my apologies on this; I hope you understand.

Based on what I read in this thread on FlyerTalk, for example, FlyerTalk members expressed a desire to honor Kevin Pinto and donate funds to do so. I want to do exactly that as well, but how should we honor him at the Thank-You Luncheon? I do not want to hand to him another framed paper award to hang on his wall. Perhaps it should be something he uses every day, or something he will truly enjoy — or both.

I am posting in this thread because I am taking the chance that he will not have a chance to read it, as I am attempting to keep it as a surprise. Please help spread the word and post your ideas and thoughts in this thread. If there is enough support behind this initiative, I will get the logistics worked out so that those who are interested can donate funds towards his token of appreciation expressing our gratitude to Kevin Pinto, also known as:
    Thank you in advance for your assistance.

2. Points
    Original Member

Points Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads-up! Glad this is finally coming together. :)

3. The video shown at the lunch has been loaded on the link below. Photos from the lunch will be loaded this weekend. Each employee who attended was given a DVD copy of the video at the lunch.

http://jamesgregory.smugmug.com/The...ank-You-Video/16070732_6m78r#1206751351_wpMjZ

Kudos to Brian, Steve, Wes, Dave and all the rest for a GREAT DAY!

And thanks for the chance to work the gate one more time. I worked with a gate agent who was an absolute magician with the seat assignments and one of the best I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Too bad most of it was for naught when the ship was changed out and all the seats were reassigned. It was quite harrowing on a full ship.

jackplum, Traveller and Gargoyle like this.
  4. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Despite a number of last-minute issues which occurred that forced us to pretty much be spontaneous instead of going by plan, the Thank-You Luncheon this past Monday was a success.

I want to once again thank all of the 19 volunteers, the 135 attendees, the greater than 100 Delta Air Lines employees, and the assistance or involvement of everyone else with the participation of — or contribution to — the success of both the The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010 and the Thank-You Luncheon on March 14, 2010. Additionally, a portion of the people who I am thanking are responsible for the success of the first Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event and Thank-You Luncheon, both in 2009.

It has been a lot of fun and a real pleasure either meeting or working with all of you, and I truly appreciate it.

Once again, thank you!

jackplum, Traveller, DYKWIA and 3 others like this.
  5. DYKWIA
    Original Member

DYKWIA Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was a guest at the luncheon and have to say it was a great follow-up to the the amazing ATL Do. From that, and everything I've heard since the Do, things look very good for future events and dialogue with us from the highest levels of DAL.

6. Deltalina
    Original Member

Deltalina Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sadly that will require someone with the time to spearhead it... I would like to nominate you ;)

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. jackplum, Tkey, Gargoyle and 2 others like this.
  8. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
  9. Tkey
    Original Member

Tkey Silver Member

Status Points:
    What's the context?

10. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    The framed photographs were a surprise gift to us.

Look closely at the framed photograph in the three subsequent images immediately after the one I linked...

11. Tkey
    Original Member

Tkey Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah. Got it. I didn't realize they were gifts to you and he hadn't seen it before.

Once again, very cool!!

12. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Indiana Delta Diamond Silver Member

Status Points:
    Probably a good thing that I wasn't involved or I think I might know which picture would have been made for me. :)

l4pi, Traveller and Gargoyle like this.
  13. Yeah the RWT FA’s wanted to know if you were going to be there. They had locked up the dummies just in case you were back. They said the other one had not recovered from its last molestation.

Thanks for the compliments on the photos, but allow me to say this……

It was my pleasure to have had the opportunity to volunteer in some manner. I had a chance to meet some old on line friends for the first time, renew friendships with others and make new ones. I’m not sure I would have meet so many of you had I not volunteered.

In addition, I now know a lot more of the folks I meet every week flying through ATL. Most of my flights connect through B south and sometimes B north. I now have friends at many of the gates and both Sky clubs as a result of working the gates twice. Only problem now is the cost of candy is going to go up. :eek:

So here is my advice to all here if there is another “do”……volunteer to be a part of the planning and execution of the event. I can promise you that without a doubt, you will get more out of the experience than you could possibly put into it.

14. Traveller
    Original Member

Traveller Gold Member

Status Points:
    What a great great great video l4pi!

15. Traveller
    Original Member

Traveller Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mike.jpg

This is probably my all time favorite DO picture! :D

Horse, jackplum and l4pi like this.
  16. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Indiana Delta Diamond Silver Member

Status Points:
    That would be the one. :)

Traveller likes this.
  17. Elizabeth Smith
    Original Member

Elizabeth Smith Active Member

Status Points:
    A bit off topic, but I was at both DOs and thank you again to all who put them both together. On Saturday, March 12, I was exiting the ATL T Concourse Sky Club en route to LGA and when I got into the elevator, the Delta gate agent I worked with at the DO on Saturday morning was exiting the elevator (probably just got off work or was headed to the break room). She stopped and said, "I know you!" and I said, "Yes, we worked together" and she just smiled. It was a nice, brief encounter which reminded me of what a wonderful time we had.

DeltaExpert likes this.