for biz awards Canada to Europe on AC

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by cotter77, May 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    is the biz award on AC on 763 equipment a sucky value for your miles?
    i keep looking for flights YYZ-ROM (tuscany)
    most availability is on 763s which on seat guru call the seats comfort plus.
    is it still worth it at 85k miles?

2. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    What are the dates and routes? If it's non-stop, wouldn't you be getting executive first? AC website says the following. See this page also.

Rome (FCO) is not listed as one of the cities getting the old configuration.

3. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    i dont know whats old and whats new. I just know that when i punch the flight numbers into seat guru i see that comfort plus stuff, and when i compare what i see as biz or first on other TATL airlines its not nearly (from a strictly hard product side) as sexy

4. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    FCO should be served with the "Good" Executive First product - the pods are the same on the 777, 330 and 763. Only real difference is the amount of overhead bin space.

You can always confirm the type of seating by doing a dummy J booking on AC.com and looking at the seat map. If you see 8 rows of 3 across, it is Executive First. If you see 4 rows of 6 across it is "Comfort Plus". In the unlikely event that they are running one of the three Comfort Plus birds to FCO, try to book a connecting flight through Germany or Zurich.

5. because of aeroplan fees try to avoid AC planes and save lots of money.