For anyone who flies Emirates intermittently

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Televangelist, Nov 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Televangelist

Televangelist New Member

Status Points:
    I only end up on Emirates once every couple of years, it's a great airline but I normally have no reason to fly them when other options are much cheaper, so I don't end up accumulating miles with them long-term.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up about what appears to be a great new option if you fly Emirates; I was booking Emirates for DC --> Katmandu --> Bangalore --> DC, and was sad I'd be wasting a lot of miles for no purpose, but you can now accrue miles on JetBlue for your Emirates flights! I wasn't able to enter my JetBlue info on the flight aggregator I purchased through, but I called up Emirates and they took my JetBlue TrueBlue number with no problems at all. And since JetBlue miles never expire and the rewards are designed around people flying CONUS, it's a pretty nice boost to my JetBlue mileage balance. :)

If this is already very well known to everyone, apologize for wasting your time.

marcwint55, MX, iolaire and 1 other person like this.
  2. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    does it also work the other way, do JetBlue miles count for Emirates frequent flyer program?

3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can now exchange Amex membership Rewards points into both programs also.

4. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points: