For $349, class will train your dog for airline flights

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Sep 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/today...l-train-your-dog-for-airline-flights/2807963/

For $349, your dog can learn to fly.

Security checks and bumpy air are all in a day's training at a Hollywood film studio to prepare your dog for a safe and calm flight.

The Air Hollywood class is billed as the first in a real fuselage on a sound stage with a simulator that mimics takeoff, turbulence and landing. Hollywood extras create crowds and chaos that come with terminals, luggage carts and the blare announcing arrivals, delays and departures.
    The idea was the brainchild of Talaat Captan, president and CEO of Air Hollywood, the world's largest aviation-themed film studio, who noticed a dog owner having a rough go getting a pooch through airport security.

Read More: http://www.usatoday.com/story/today...l-train-your-dog-for-airline-flights/2807963/

2. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That must be one the the most absurd things I have ever heard... :D

anileze, tondoleo and Gargoyle like this.
  3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    There is no limit to what people will spend and do for their pets. Pet psychiatrists, Neuticles (google it, or you won't believe me)....

anileze, tondoleo and mirohacek like this.
  4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not bad at all. The dog is trained to carry your luggage, check you into your flight and make arrangement for ground transportation if needed.
    They are even working on having the dog translate for you in six different languages. Pretty good value for the money if you ask me.

Gargoyle, tondoleo and mirohacek like this.
  5. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would really need a dog that would have the expert knowledge how to get me an operational upgrades with UA... prepared to pay top dollar for it... :D

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did, and they're for human men too.

anileze and mirohacek like this.