Food service employees stage protests at HQs of big airline customers

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by uggboy, Jan 29, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Food service employees stage protests at HQs of big airline customers

iolaire likes this.
  2. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    This seems like a potentially successful media circus... like a plane with an engine problem, the headlines say "Boeing 777" not "GE engine" and that seems to be the winner here: they got some attention. Ultimately, like with many contracted jobs (such as in my case with Amtrak having contracted catering facilities to Gate Gourmet and subsequently Aramark) these jobs are fairly easy to replace and one must dance a fine line to ensure they aren't digging their own grave.

uggboy likes this.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't forget to tip your maid,

Remember McDonald's worker should make $25 an hour.

But I do remember the days of 10 cent hamburgers.

Dublin_rfk likes this.
  4. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    and the minimum wage then was $1.11
    ETA: 1969-71

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    satman40 likes this.
  5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I made 75 cents an hour back then, I remember late 50s making $1.00 an hour, and wanting to work 100 hours, White Castle burgers were 10 cents.

When I did get to $100.00 for a pay check, Take home was $87.83 not bad for a high school kid.

Today I know if you depend on the Government support for money you will never be happy, and always want, and need more.

Funny thing about working, if you save a bit, spend less than you make, one will always have far more than he ever needs, and can even share some with others.

Food service like the grocery carry out boy, is just a starting job, it is up to the person to show they have more performance and production skills., if they want more pay.

These should be nothing more than a starting job, if they chose to stay there, it is their decision. Do not feed the animals, they will soon depend on it,

timfrost and Dublin_rfk like this.
  6. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do not feed the Animals.
    Now if someone will post that sign in the whitehouse and explain it to POTUS.

satman40 likes this.
  7. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I own rental properties, and 74 years old.

My 4 bedroom homes rent for $1200.00 a month, out of the rang if many single paycheck families.

That said I have Section 8 single women with 4 kids able to pay the rent, no problem,

Talk about life not being fair for a working man, but to be honest most of them have 3 cars and 3 kids, and unable to make ends meet, so I rent to college students, and in later life they send their kids to rent from me, It is nice to look back, at the old days.