Food Options at the clubs

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Dreamworks, Feb 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm currently flying from SFO-CLT and was going to either eat at CPK or see what the club had so I could eat in there and charge my stuff. But does anyone know what they serve for lunch? I'm assuming it's $12 for a sandwich, which is robbery but I'd pay if it was a good sandwich. Anybody dined at a club recently?

2. javacodeguy

javacodeguy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's always a huge ripoff in my opinion. Salads, sandwiches and other similar stuff. It's ok, but definitely not worth the cost when you can get much better stuff at the other restaurants or fast food offerings.

When I'm not going to be eating on the flight I usually just eat before or after I go to the club. After is usually what I prefer because that means I could have had a drink or two in the club, which makes all the food that much better. :)

3. craigpd

craigpd Active Member

Status Points:
    Shows how much I know. I'm brand new to this and don't think I've been in an airport lounge since I was a kid. I assumed the food was free, but I guess not. Is the food free in certainly lounges (say, FC)? If so, which types of lounges typically give the food away and which charge?

4. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you're looking for a good, square meal, you won't find it at any of the US Clubs or UA Clubs. The only exception to this is that you can make a halfway decent Continental breakfast. If your return flight from CLT is in the morning, the US Club will have yogurt, instant oatmeal, muffins, and apples. If your flight out of CLT is in the afternoon or evening, forget the US Club and go to the BBQ place in the food court. :D

viguera likes this.
  5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a rule domestic lounges usually feature crappy snacks and leave you hungry. First class lounges do have free food and usually it's pretty decent. Most of the overseas lounges have better food options than domestic lounges, but that can be hit or miss.

SS255 and viguera like this.
  6. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know they now serve soup in the early afternoon through evening for free. Depends how hungry you are but it might work as a free option.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  7. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had a pretty bad salad at the PHL B/C Club a while back. I would bring food into the club (shhh...).

8. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I didn't even know you could buy food at the US Club (minus the Envoy/US Club at PHL A) Where do you go to order, and is it anything good?

9. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've yet to find anything worth recommending at the club. I'm generally a flexible eater but US does have some good options airside. Some of my favorites: Cibo at LGA, Legal Seafood at BOS, Bojangles at CLT (so bad yet so good), 5 guys at DCA (see bojangles). Phx has decent options but I usually end up there post a meal flight. I'm blanking on PHL except for bad club food.

10. javacodeguy

javacodeguy Gold Member

Status Points:
    PHL also has a Legal Seafoods and Cibo. There's also Chic-fil-a and Chickie's and Pete's. People say Vino Volo is good for a snack and some wine, but I've never tried it. I'm always surprised we don't have a Five Guys though...maybe someday.