Food guru slams British Airways salmon salad 'the driest thing I've ever eaten'

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by sobore, Jun 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/a...line-food-horrible-says-carriers-improve.html

Leading children's food writer Annabel Karmel has criticised airlines for serving 'horrible' food on flights.
    The UK’s best-selling author on baby and children’s food said airlines frequently 'destroyed' food by overcooking it and said many parents 'don't trust' meals served on planes. She also criticised the lack of healthy snacks on flights, saying too often junk food was offered to passengers.
    [​IMG]

Read More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/a...line-food-horrible-says-carriers-improve.html

uggboy likes this.
  2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    As someone who has eaten BA's food and now avoids it like the plague, I agree.

uggboy likes this.
  3. bombayhog
    Original Member

bombayhog Active Member

Status Points:
    Funny, the only flight I've ever taken where I saw a traveling companion become seriously ill (for days after) from the inflight food was on BA. I've never had an issue myself (glad I skipped that particular bacon sandwich). But though I think the Daily Mail is generally a waste of time, I think the really important point here is in calling out airlines for serving junk food. The world doesn't need yet another place in which to have to ingest processed sugary crap. I don't think we can expect to get 'good' food in economy but I do think it's right to expect these companies to raise the game in terms of actual nutritious value.

uggboy and MSYgirl like this.
  4. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    In general, airline food sucks, especially in the back. It has to do with the way the crew cook/heat up the food. I had a steak in United BusinessFirst three weeks ago and it was juicy and tender. I had the exact same steak in United GlobalFirst last week and it was nuked beyond recognition. Absolutely inedible. You could see by the side dished that it had been kept in the oven for waaaay too long.

On BA, I´ve never had a bad meal. I actually love the wraps/little sandwiches they serve in coach intra Europe

uggboy likes this.
  5. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    As long as they make a profit and continue to increase passenger loads they won't give a hoot what some baby food writer writes.
    Get real it's an airline not a Michelin restaurant......silly woman.