Food delivery service to gates begins at ORD

Discussion in 'ORD/MDW | Chicago Area Airports' started by legalalien, Nov 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    We've all been famished at the airport gate, but weighed down with too much stuff to comfortably wander toward food. That's why the newest addition to O'Hare International Airport sounds promising: food delivered to the gate. And for no extra charge!

The "B4 You Board" program allows travelers to order food in terminals 1, 2 or 3 with a free app available for both iPhones and Androids. Participating restaurants at O'Hare include Tuscany Cafe and Chili's Too in Terminal 1; Blackhawks Restaurant & Bar in Terminal 2; and Wolfgang Puck Cafe and Chili's Too in Terminal 3. The service is available seven days a week between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m., and orders usually take about 20 minutes to arrive.

The service, however, is not available at all gates in each terminal; in Terminal 3, for instance, delivery to only eight gates is available.
    More here: http://trib.in/rrCKqW

ossipago, jetsetr and Gargoyle like this.
  2. ossipago

ossipago Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting this. I wonder if there might be a market niche for outside food delivery to gates (as in a properly vetted and cleared company bringing in food of your choice from home/any restaurant). Probably the second worst thing about the new security theater is the captive food choices - I've been universally disappointed with prices, options, and quality.

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    The 20 minutes to deliver is going to be a drag on success.

4. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    http://www.hmshost.com/airports/food-beverage-expertise/b4•you•board-mobile-app/
    It's apparently also available at JFK and MSP.

I'd seriously doubt that would ever happen. Even beyond getting around security, the airport would view that as a potential loss of revenue. They'd charge what is probably an exorbitant fee to clear outside food delivery vendors. Wouldn't be worth it, imo. If you want outside food, bring it yourself. I do wonder if you can have it delivered landside and take it airside yourself. I know my wife did that when she was stuck with a friend at TLH after all the stores closed.

5. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps existing services such as Takeout Taxi already cover that part?

6. ossipago

ossipago Silver Member

Status Points:
    The problem is foods that are part or all liquid. Those silly rules effectively cut out many dishes and cuisines.

7. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like FAs won't be that happy with the additional amount of trash on board....

8. ricky2london

ricky2london New Member

Status Points:
    Food delivery services are very helpful whe4n we are on travel or in rush.There are various restaurants which deliver food . Delivery might be free or may charge small delivery fee.
    --------------------------------------------------
    food delivery:p