Food choices w/the New United

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TexasT, Feb 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TexasT
    Original Member

TexasT Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a great soup today at lunch and was curious to find out what favorite items would everyone love to see remain on the menu (F or Y) with the new United.

I admit, I'd love "free meals at mealtime" again, but I know that isn't likely to come into fruition, so at least I hope our thoughts on our favorites from the two airlines will be considered!

Today's soup had good flavor, but they didn't give it a name - it was akin to a creamy chicken soup with potato and (maybe) spinach/some leafy green.

From CO's offerings: I'd love to have this soup remain an option in F as well as the breakfast potato gratin (without the broccoli), shortribs (from several years ago in F - they were surprisingly seasoned well), the corn chowder soup I had a couple of years back and some other options that I'll have to think about.

For now, what would you love to see be part of our choices on the new airline? (favorites from either CO or UA, whether it be domestic or international, up front or in the back).

2. I'd love to see the new United keep the sundae in Businessfirst/First on international flights (I guess the profile pic gives that away!).

I recall having a good cookie on my first experience in first class (way back in the 90's). I'd love to see warm cookies brought back to domestic first class on flights of a reasonable length.

TexasT and EWR764 like this.
  3. thetenken
    Original Member

thetenken Silver Member

Status Points:
    It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to have warm cookies, right? Have some Otis Spunkmeyer cookies (frozen if they had to) then just heat them the same way they heat the meals.

4. thetenken
    Original Member

thetenken Silver Member

Status Points:
    Even better, they could have a good PR campaign by supporting the Girl Scouts and having Girl Scout cookies on their flights...