Follow Up: My Telephone Call With a Starwood Representative

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 22, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

As I reported on Friday, January 16, 2015, my Starwood Preferred Guest frequent guest loyalty program account was compromised; and I gave the details of what I did to ensure that my account was restored without losing any Starpoints. I received an unexpected call yesterday from a reservations supervisor from the corporate office of Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Incorporated. I missed the call; so I returned the telephone call today and spoke to an agent of Starwood Preferred Guest. I found out that the purpose of the telephone call was to check in and ensure everything was all right. They asked for information from me — such as my postal address — to verify that I was me. After it was determined that everything was all right, she asked if the activity pertaining to the gift cards was mine — to which I said no, that I would never redeem Starpoints for gift cards. I then said that now we know why it can take up to six weeks for the recipient to receive the gift cards, as... The post Follow Up: My Telephone Call With a Starwood Representative appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...