Follow-up (Dailygetaways deals are back -- Hilton is on for today)

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by WilliamQ, May 25, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:

Attached Files:

Kalboz likes this.
  2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is a reason why the above offers were not sold out last week!

IMO, this program is inferior in comparison to the other major players: Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, etc. On award nights using the above-purchased points, you get the basic room and regardless of your status you won’t get club access nor breakfast. Very stingy with artificial benefits of internet access and late checkout (based on availability). I am a IHG Platinum and have bought my Ambassador with points earned during the BIG WIN 2013, head on pillow! We travel as a family of 4 (including kids ages 3 & 5) and we do need the extra space and breakfast in the morning. Speaking from experience, Hyatt & Marriott have allowed us award stays in spacious suites with benefits, while ICH have not, and we had to buy into lounge access. Therefore, it all depends on your needs and how you travel. See our experience here: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/intercontinental-hua-hin.22611/#post-2352017

For us and many other travelers out there, this program is inferior ... and that is partly the reason, they haven’t sold out their points. Daily Gateways is having another IHG points sale on June 5th. Also, the IHG program have a sale at least once a year through their website (points.com) for 100% bonus on points purchased. Further, they have periodic flash sales throughout the year through their Facebook page. And finally, you can always get IHG points at $7 per 1K points using the Points & Money award cancellation method. So, unless you are topping off your account with a specific redemption plan in mind, I would not tie up my cash with these points.

Thomask and WilliamQ like this.
  3. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. This is useful information and good advice.