Fodor's: Best Compact Cameras for Summer & Camera Giveaway

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by MLW20, May 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fodor's blog has an article featuring what they call the "Best Compact Cameras For Summer".
    I'm always interested in hearing about new cameras and technology and this article does mention some pretty cool, new cameras.
    At the end of the article there is a sweepstakes where you can win a Sony Digital Camera. More on that later on!
    The article features five cameras. According to the author, these cameras can do things that your old one could not do. They differ in how and where you are physically able to take your pictures.
    Find out about the cameras on the list and the sweepstakes HERE

Espan likes this.
  2. edog22
    Original Member

edog22 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Most of the tech on that list seems gimmicky-- the Canon s95/s100 takes great shots quickly, even in surprisingly low light situations, and it's our go-to pocket camera. We had a waterproof camera too, and while fun when snorkeling, the image quality wasn't nearly as good.

3. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't disagree. My main camera is the Canon S95 and I also use a Panasonic super zoom when traveling. I'd love to win the underwater camera. The current one we have is awful but better than nothing...