Flying within China, which flyer plan?

Discussion in 'SkyTeam' started by taiwaned, May 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. taiwaned
    Original Member

taiwaned Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sky Team I feel is the best alliance to be a part of if you are flying multiple flights within China. With China Southern, China Eastern and Shanghai Air all part of Sky Team. Which flyer plan is better?

I realize Eastern and Shanghai are going to join in mid June but since all my major China internal flights are start about June anyway, I might as well join now and get a real card not a temporary one.

Any insights?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had very good experiences with China Southern, which my travel agent initially suggested as by far the beat of the mainland Chinese airlines. They have new planes and seem to be organized with good customer service, although don't expect fluent English away from major cities and routes. They have FC/business class (really no difference except sometimes about $10 in the fare) check in counters and priority handling. Lounges provide Chinese newspapers, coffee/tea/water and maybe some small store-looking cookies, nothing more. In some airports, you will be taken directly from the lounge to the aircraft, sometimes in a small vehicle accessed through an airport basement exit.

savydog likes this.