Flying US booking through AA and using Alaska MVP

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by adrianors, May 28, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi guys,

I believe I already know the answer, and I believe it is a big "NO", but is worth to ask. I booked a flight through AA, is a US flight CLT-LGA roundtrip (not that that would change my question, just giving more information away). The question is, I have my AA number there (no status at all, which means, pay for everything and no benefits!) and I found that my MVP with Alaska could give me some perks with AA (which should be extended due to the merge to US?), but for that I would need the MVP card in the reservation, right? If so, is there any possible way to change that in the reservation? Another question that I have is, why is US charging 49 bucks for regular seats in the front of the airplane for no status passengers?

Thanks in advance!

PS: I believe I extended myself a little..

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The AS perks don't cross over to the US-operated flights so there's no point in making that change.

And, yes, US charges extra for seats at the front of the plane, even without extra leg-room. AA does, too. And CO used to before they put E+ in their planes. Why? Because some will pay for it.

LETTERBOY and adrianors like this.
  3. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    That sucks.. oh well.. lets look on the bright side.. at least is a 2h flight.. won't hurt be stuck in the back of the airplane with no leg-room and a baby, right? :)