Flying today ORD-EWR-LHR, Doubled on ORD-EWR

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by byroncheng, Mar 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. byroncheng
    Original Member

byroncheng Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just now, a second ORD-EWR Flight appeared on my Continental account. I have both flt CO684 (7p,-original) and CO264 (6pm-new). There was ~1hr connection on the original flight - did they add the 6pm flight because its not enough time? I'm trying to call but as usual, on hold.

2. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps someone was kind enough to protect you.

3. byroncheng
    Original Member

byroncheng Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is correct! I showed up at the airport and they said that there was a chance of weather problems at Newark. Thanks ms check in lady! Though no thanks for not telling me, my travel agent, or the continental help line what was going on =\ I had to leave work early to not miss the prior flight.

4. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA does that often also. I was many times protected on later flights if there was a weather delay possible or a mech issue.

5. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have had later protected flights, but never an earlier one like the op. Without notification, earlier is useless.

6. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had earlier one once. I booked a long layover once (can't remember where) so I can hop into the city. At checkin I was told I was protected on an earlier flight if I wanted to take it.