Flying to Mauritius

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Ralph Menzel, Feb 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Ralph Menzel

Ralph Menzel Active Member

Status Points:
    Looking to fly to Mauritius from Stuttgart, Germany sometime in the last part of April. Currently have 325,000 Delta SkyMiles and want to use them for award travel. Air France flys to that location, but how do I use my miles with that airline?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    To get an award ticket using DL miles, you must use the DL website or call DL. It can help to check availability for the flights and dates you want first. Look for the lowest miles level on the AF website for award tickets.

3. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MilePoint!

I wish you good luck in redeeming award travel on that route. My lady and I have been looking at going there on the same routing (STR-CDG-MRU and return) for years and can never seem to find award seat availability. Most of the flights from Paris to Mauritius are on Air Mauritius; I think Air France has only four flights a week to MRU, and we've never been able to get two award seats on any flight when we've been available to travel.

One other possibility to explore is flying from Paris (maybe from Orly?) to Reunion Island (RUN) and then taking a hop (on a local carrier) to MRU. I think Air France has somewhere around 12 flights weekly from Paris to RUN.

Please let us know whether you are successful.

4. m124

m124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    A couple of months ago I have seen availability in business class on Flyingblue on AF codeshares operated by Air Mauritius. Now not any more. Only Premium Economy on AF metal. I wonder what happened.