Flying to Australia

Discussion in 'Virgin Atlantic | Flying Club' started by kmann31, Oct 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. kmann31

kmann31 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Free flying premium economy on virgin atlantic to london, my husband fell in love with The airline and now wants to fly with them to Australia next year. I have been playing around on their site to figure out availability for points travel (Chicago to Sydney) and have yet to find any availability. Are these seats hard to come by with points? Thanks in advance!

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    There seems to be decent availability for DL miles.

If you have Virgin Atlantic points, it may be a different FF program or require different availability buckets for Virgin Australia flights. They are different carriers.

3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you fly VS, you will really, really be going the long way. As nice as they may be in Y+, shaving 8+ hours off your trip by flying via the Pacific would seem to outweigh any possible advantage of VS.

4. kmann31

kmann31 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the replies. I will give them a call to find out availability. I agree that the longer flight isn't ideal, however, if I can get the hubby (who would rather spend his vacation time working on projects at home!) to go on vacation, then the extra few hours are worth it! :)

5. NYCVSFlyer

NYCVSFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can also use your VS points to fly DL or VA (Virgin Australia) via the Pacific. I've done VS JFK-LHR-HKG-SYD and it was a loooooong trip.