Flying SATA International how to credit?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by Muerl, May 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

So I am flying to the Azores in two weeks for a long weekend, which you can Fly Direct BOS->PDL on SATA International. That part is awesome, because at $700 and 4.5 hours it fit just inside the cost and range for a long weekend to me.

The issue I am confused about is crediting the miles. As near as I can tell my options are strictly Either SATA's own program which seems limited to flying me well to the Azores and Portugal or TAP Victoria which at least is *A.

When I booked the flight I purchased the TAP code share which meant that I got the *A bonus on my United card for buying the tickets, but I am pretty sure (from what I have read here) that the actual accrual is based on the operating airline (IE SATA). I am assuming I should credit this to TAP, and I joined Victoria for that reason, but I am wondering if this will just wind up be 5k miles that sit around and expire and if its even worth it.

So, is there a better accrual option here I am missing?