Flying out of CDG at 9:20 a.m. Stay in City and take RER or airport hotel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by THREEA4ME, Sep 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I stay at an opera-based hotel, I'd get up at 6 and take either the 7a opera bus or 6:45 RER to CDG. The plus is I don't have to "get to the CDG hotel the night before" and I can just enjoy Paris. The downside is I have to get up earlier.

Anybody with any thoughts? Price is about the same, given I would probably take cab to CDG hotel (probably holiday inn CDG die to Into the Nights promotion).

daninstl, Flyer1976 and Gargoyle like this.
  2. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will did this recently to fly to AMS at a similar time. It is easier to take the train as I do often because I am near an RER station.

daninstl and Gargoyle like this.
  3. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    We had a CDG-LHR flight in June that was leaving at 10:40AM, and our hotel was near The Lourve.

We used LeCab to pick us up [also used them for our flight that arrived at CDG from the U.S.] at 6AM, and had no issue.

https://en.lecab.fr/

They have flat rate fares, and accept credit card--- note your card is charged at time of booking. LeCab's rates are very attractive!

Despite not speaking much French, and we were unsure if our driver spoke or understood any English, it was pretty easy and we would recommend LeCab, and will use them again next time we are in Paris.

We used Google translate to provide directions and instructions in French.

LeCab also offers complimentary usage of iPads in their vehicles equipped with wifi.

We were happy we stayed at the hotel in central Paris for another night instead of an airport hotel.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    daninstl likes this.
  4. southender
    Original Member

southender Silver Member

Status Points:
    I find downtown Paris to CDG traffic at any time of day to be a challenge- spontaneous strikes, demonstrations, construction, etc. My choice is to avoid the stress prior to a TALT and stay at the airport the night before. party in Paris the night before and sleep in morning of- best of both worlds.

daninstl and Flyer1976 like this.
  5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Different Strokes but I prefer to stay in the city and enjoy as much as I can the night before the flight. :-:

daninstl, bez7, Max M and 2 others like this.
  6. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am unable to sleep the last night, we stayed at an airport hotel one time, less stress, and even cheaper...

From now on, last night, airport hotel..even in the states,

daninstl and anileze like this.
  7. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    I decided to stay in town next to the RER line