Flying (NOT) Frontier

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by adrianors, Apr 15, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi guys,

So, apparently I found an awesome Deal with Frontier, 45 bucks to fly CLT-PHL. Tried to pay with one credit card, Declined 4 times, thought it was the card, tried a different one, declined again, 2 times. On the first one I got no charges, on the second one, 2 charges, pending, which sucks because I cannot dispute them yet. Thing is, what's the problem with this crappy airline? Gave up and now I am flying United..

uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's crappy indeed. It's Frontier, I guess.

adrianors likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's nothing to dispute on a pending charge. It will drop off once the transaction fails to complete.

adrianors likes this.
  4. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep, but first, why did it decline? Was definitely not a problem about credit..

uggboy likes this.
  5. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call the credit card company, they will tell you. Possibly a fraud alert or miskeyed address. They should be able to resolve.

I'm not sure if I can ever stand to fly Frontier again. A $45 flight is quite a good deal, but I may be able to resist just because of the airline.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I have no idea. Your CC company or the airline might be able to tell you. Or not. I certainly cannot.

7. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    True.. not flying Frontier at all.. but the weird thing, 2 different credit cards with 2 different addresses, both declined and one of them charged twice. Oh well.. just waiting to see. Got a great last minute deal with United, so I am happy :D

8. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a problem with CC decline at the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show this year that may shed some light.

Even though I was in Tucson (I live here), the credit card was processed thru a vendor in California. No problem. However, when I tried to use the card again about 20 minutes later and it was processed thru a vendor in Chicago, I got a decline and a "locked" card. Because the Credit Card company could not figure out how I was able to charge in Southern California and 20 minutes later, charge something in Chicago.

It is possible that the Credit Cards that you were using had been processed at one location and then the Frontier tickets were processed at a different location (and they did not recognize that it was Airline tickets) in too short of time.

Just a possibility.

9. A_Lee

A_Lee Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting comments. I was going to fly Frontier for the first time due to the really cheap ticket, but having some second thoughts now. Frontier is about 30% of the cost of the next cheapest ticket, but I'm actually a bit worried that if they're selling tickets for this cheap, do they actually have a sustainable business model? If they end up going under, I'll be stuck buying another ticket anyways, so maybe not worth the risk. Or if the flight is significantly delayed it could end up costing me much more than I'm saving.

10. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The business model is to sell stupidly cheap fares and then up-charge for roughly everything as ancillary. Like Ryanair or easyJet or similar. Seems likely they're going to be OK in the short term at least.